My husband and I are celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary today! I’m still in awe that it’s been that long. I looked up what the traditional gifts are for your 16th wedding anniversary. It turns out that it’s wax. That’s an interesting, one right? There’s also a more modern list which has silver holloware as the gift to give. What’s holloware? Good question. I had to google it and it turns out that it’s silver serving pieces that aren’t flatware. Also, the gemstone for 16 years is Peridot and the flower is Statice. Here are some ideas I came up with if you need some inspiration!
We usually give each other experiences, like a staycation, a trip somewhere fun or to see a performance of some kind. What about you guys? What has been your favorite or most memorable anniversary gift?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.
- This is definitely the big splurge on the list. This Dior candle and silver snuffer is so luxe.
- This set of candle holders would be so gorgeous as a centerpiece. Just add your favorite tapers and it will set the scene perfectly.
- Want some bubbly to celebrate the occasion? Who wouldn’t enjoy a nice bottle, especially when it’s in this elegant champagne bucket ESPECIALLY when it’s on sale?
- If the first candle holders aren’t your style, these ones are definitely more whimsical and fun.
- This bouquet of dried Statice will last for years, much more than a bouquet of fresh blooms. And the look is so modern and sophisticated. Love it.
- Want to make your own candle? I love these refillable candle kits! And the scent and wax is all natural so burning it won’t harm you or your family.
- If you’re looking for something more classic, this elegant silver platter should do the trick.
- I love a good accessory to remind me of the date and this Peridot coin necklace is perfect for every day or to dress up.
- This isn’t your parents’ Waterford. Well, maybe it is, but the design of these crystal candle holders will stand the test of time.
- This footed silver plated bowl with handles is a beautiful statement piece and can be displayed year round.
- How chic is this candle care kit? So eye catching!
- These silver-toned salt and pepper mills are definitely more on the practical side, but they are such amazing quality. We received a pair for our wedding and have used them daily since then and 16 years and STILL going strong.