Saturday, November 2, 2013
Ah, only three more weeks to go until baby deux is due to arrive! Time to get the hospital bag packed and ready to go. Last time around I packed WAY too much (aka multiple bags) and didn't use most of it. Not fun to have all of those bags cluttering up your small hospital room, that's for sure. I'm determined not to make the same mistake this time, although I always tend to overpack ;) This list doesn't seem to bad though, so far!
1. robe | a cute robe to cover up that hospital gown
2. nursing pajamas | one pair of decent looking pjs for company or pictures
3. cardigan | for the going home outfit, if it's chilly outside
4. nursing top | better start getting used to wearing these, part of the new uniform
5. nursing bras | comfy sleep nursing bras
6. shrink those hips | have to try this gadget this time around!
7. slippers | washable slippers with rubber soles for getting around
8. comfy pants | for going home in, stick with maternity for awhile
9. slip on boots | slip right on and super cozy
For the Bebe
10. carseat | goes without saying, we used this one with Arden
11. swaddle blankets | your own, so you don't have to bring home any of the hospital's
12. carseat footmuff | to keep baby cozy for the drive
13. hat | keep that noogin nice and warm
14. soft baby outfit | you want baby comfy & warm
15. socks | keep those tootsies toasty
16. mittens | protect baby from scratching themselves
17. toiletry case | a cute case is always nice
18. bottom balm | this helps so much
19. nipple butter | a nice natural alternative and great as lip balm too!
20. bottom spray | I LOVED this stuff when I had Arden
21. mama spray | keep Mama happy and refreshed
22. breast pads | just in case
23. hospital bag | gotta keep all this stuff somewhere!
24. headphones | for labor if you need to zone
25. camera | to capture the memories
26. bluetooth speaker | so you can listen to relaxing music during labor while your iphone is charging (so key!).
iphone | ipad | chargers
playlists set up for labor
cash for parking (just in case)
snacks for daddy & anyone laboring with you
treats for nurses as a thank you
birth plan if you have one