When making an iced coffee or mixed coffee drink, I always think it’s a little better to use coffee rather than its smaller counterpart, a shot of espresso. Lucky for me, Nespresso has just come out with their new Nespresso VertuoLine system, which they so generously gifted me. This gorgeous thing makes espresso AND coffee. How perfect is this for households where some love their coffee and another espresso? As for my household, I thought it was perfect to be able to enjoy both. I don’t discriminate 😉
For this recipe, we’re going with coffee. More specifically? The Vanizio (aka vanilla) coffee pod. And for the coconut vanilla cream? I used agave nectar, coconut milk, a dash of vanilla extract and a slightly smaller dash of almond extract. You can get the full recipe below.
– 1/2 cup agave nectar
– two cans of coconut milk (full fat)
– 1 nespresso vanizio coffee pod
– 1/2 cup of almond milk
– dash of almond extract
– dash of vanilla extract
1. Combine the coconut milk and agave nectar in medium sized pot and stir periodically on medium low heat until reduced about halfway. It took about and hour to an hour and a half. Remember don’t let it burn!
2. Once it cools you can store it in a large jar in the fridge for a few weeks.
3. Brew your coffee and add it to a shaker with a few ice cubes. I brewed my Nespresso coffee directly into my shaker (see pic below).
4. Add the dash of almond and vanilla extract to the shaker and shake to mix.
5. In large glass add 3 or 4 ice cubes and about 3 tablespoons of the coconut cream. You can adjust the amount of coconut cream to your sweetness preference.
6. Pour the coffee mixture into the glass.
7. Add about a half a cup of almond milk or other milk of your choice.
8. Stir and enjoy!
I hope you guys give it a try! I think you’ll love the combo of coconut, coffee, vanilla and almond. Such a great mix. Let me know what you guys think! Or if you have a great iced coffee recipe that I should try let me know. I love trying out new recipes!