When I look at the bathroom to-do list it's not even halfway done. But the bathroom has made quite the transformation so far. I'm pretty happy with it!
Here's the to do list to refresh your memory.
The Front Bathroom To Do List
In order of priority.
Remove textured stickers in bathtub Remove wallpaper Paint walls & vanity Replace light fixture with this one Replace vanity hardware with something more sleek Replace mirror
- Update medicine cabinet, I'm thinking chalkboard Next on the list! I bought chalkboard contact paper that I plan on putting on the cabinet. I figured paint might be too permanent ;)
- Replace bathroom hardware (
faucet, towel bars, hooks,switch plates, etc) I still need to update the switch plates but everything else is done!
- Buy a new brighter filament bulb for the new sconce. The one that came with it was waaay too dim. Cool looking, but dim.
- Hang shower curtain Bought the shower curtain, but I actually don't mind how the tile looks with the new color scheme. It's been toned down so much that I don't feel the need to hide it anymore!
- Find a small shelf for above the toilet. The Ikea shelves I originally planned on getting were too big.
- Hang up towel hooks.
- Paint cultured marble countertop using this method?
- Update bath to bath and shower combo
- Replace tile
- Replace flooring*
- Replace vanity*
black sconce from Lamps Plus just gorgeous? You can see the not-so-pretty lightbulb here. Working on it!
towel ring too. It's a great way to display fun hand towels.
Bryn!) from the drawer handle so she can reach it.
The adorable glasses print that Arden has lovingly dubbed "Momma's glasses" and black candle fit in perfectly with the star of the space, Mr. Pelican. Mr. Pelican is Arden's bath-time buddy ;)
And just for kicks here's the before shot!
So overall I'd say this is pretty good progress! It's my favorite room in the house right now (ironically). I think I'm going to slowly add more art to the walls and make it more of a gallery, which will add even more character. Can't wait!
To see sources and more before pictures check out the original post here or my Ranch House Redo Pinterest board here!