Remove textured stickers in bathtub Remove wallpaper Paint walls & vanity Replace light fixture with this one Replace vanity hardware with something more sleek Replace mirror
- Update medicine cabinet, I’m thinking chalkboard Next on the list! I bought chalkboard contact paper that I plan on putting on the cabinet. I figured paint might be too permanent 😉
- Replace bathroom hardware (
faucet, towel bars, hooks,switch plates, etc) I still need to update the switch plates but everything else is done!
- Buy a new brighter filament bulb for the new sconce. The one that came with it was waaay too dim. Cool looking, but dim.
- Hang shower curtain Bought the shower curtain, but I actually don’t mind how the tile looks with the new color scheme. It’s been toned down so much that I don’t feel the need to hide it anymore!
- Find a small shelf for above the toilet. The Ikea shelves I originally planned on getting were too big.
- Hang up towel hooks.
- Paint cultured marble countertop using this method?
- Update bath to bath and shower combo
- Replace tile
- Replace flooring*
- Replace vanity*
* This will not be happening now, or anytime too soon. Basically part of my wish-list for the house 😉
A little close-up of the counter. This is Arden’s space, so we have her brush readily available and the little basket on the left holds her hair clips and hair bands. And the fun little chalkboard jar holds cotton balls. I love the new towel ring too. It’s a great way to display fun hand towels.
Continuing with the theme that this is Arden’s bathroom…here’s her fun step stool that she LOVES. She can now climb up and turn on the faucet and wash her own hands. I also hung a cute little hand towel (gifted to me by Bryn!) from the drawer handle so she can reach it.
So overall I’d say this is pretty good progress! It’s my favorite room in the house right now (ironically). I think I’m going to slowly add more art to the walls and make it more of a gallery, which will add even more character. Can’t wait!