Friday, June 12, 2009
My latest project was to come up with a bright and airy design for a studio apartment for less than $3,000. My client likes to have people over a lot so she wanted plenty of sitting space. For seating I gave her a small sofa, a bench, a Moroccan pouf, a couple of trunks that can be used as a coffee tables or seating and a couple of bar stools. Also, by placing the bed long-ways against the wall it can function as a daybed/sofa. The trunks, bench and nightstand all have storage. And she has a casual eating area with the bar table and stools.
I used white as the backdrop and accented it with natural touches: wood, grasscloth and leather. I also shined it up a bit with the pewter velvet, the gray tufted quilt, the aluminum end table, the steel bar table and the silver chandelier. I hope you guys like it!
Room layout posted HERE.
Copy Cat Total = $2,996
1. HSN Nate Berkus Velvet Studio Sofa = $499
2. Pottery Barn Aluminum Accent Table = $249
3. The Company Store Ava Table = $149
4. Pottery Barn Rustic Tins (2) = $229
5. Pottery Barn Geometric Round Mirror = $100
6. West Elm Diamond Quilt & Shams (queen) = $100
7. Williams Sonoma Home Nautical Stripe Rug (8x11) = $179
8. All Posters Historical Map of LA = $195
9. Ikea Utby Bar Table = $189
10. Ikea Edland Bed (queen) = $299
11. Ikea Ingolf Stools (2) = $120
12. The Company Store's Custom Tufted Storage Bench = $289
13. EQ3 Monaco Pendant Lamp = $199.99
14. West Elm's Silk Border Window Panels (2) = $70
15. Authentic Morroccan Pouf = $129